Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Art

This scene is one of the many (all?) scenes in this film that moved me beyond repair.



I have always believed Colin Firth to be one of those artists that doesn't do what he does because he wants to but rather because, quite simply, he must. And this scene proves it.

I could watch this movie every single day. The yumminess of it is beyond words, the tragedy beyond heartbreaking, the styling and cinematography sublime, the thoughtfulness of every scene like a comforting dip in a pool late at night. 

(And, seriously folks, how cool is it that Jon Hamm is the voice of "Hank Ackerley"? Love it.)

1 comment:

  1. Alright, I'm hooked and now I have to see this movie. I have lost a partner to cancer over ten years ago and although her family was fine when she was living, it was a whole different story after she passed.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete