Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lifeline

He has this funny habit of always grabbing on to my necklace when I pull him away from my body. At first I thought it was just a fluke but then noticed he does it. Every single time.

There's no way I could anticipate how his presence would change our lives. Would change me. I thought my first child was the one that saved my life (and she did) but now I realize they all have. One little step at a time.

He adores his sisters and they adore him...almost to the point of frustration at times. But then we have these little moments of tenderness and I realize....we're tethered. And at the end of a long day of bickering children or nothing getting tackled on the To Do List or long nights without sleep or whatever endless list of challenges to be faced....I realize they are my lifeline.

1 comment:

  1. Tethered, what a perfect description! And again, you are making me want more of 'em ;)

    ReplyDelete