Thursday, January 28, 2010

Best Laid Plans

"I can hardly wait
To see you come of age
But I guess we'll both just have to be patient
Cause it's a long way to go
A hard row to hoe
Yes it's a long way to go
But in the meantime
Before you cross the street
Take my hand
Life is just what happens to you
While you're busy making other plans"
~ John Lennon, "Beautiful (Darling) Boy"

Truer words have never been spoken.

In the light of adversity, sometimes the Universe hands you a wonderful reminder that life and all the challenges that come along with it is truly worth all the trouble. 2009 was a very tough year with a lot of challenges, both self-imposed and not so self-imposed, but it was all worth it. And now, this little one, is our reward.

I love you beautiful boy. I promise I'll make you happy.

3 comments:

  1. oh nannette. what beautiful, wonderful, happy, life-altering news. holy moly. this is just such a sweet reward, as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm fuzzies.... times a million.
    I love you so much!!!
    Moooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniff* What a joy he's gonna be!! I love the first ultrasound picture, and you got a great one (the arrow, ha)!

    ReplyDelete