Friday, December 11, 2009

And The Deed Was Done

"There's a chapel in Minneapolis
Holds the bones of a dead saint in it
And the stain glass glows from the ceiling there
It reminds me of the feeling where I first looked into your eyes
And saw the most beautiful birds fly
Straight into the sun with their wings on fire
And the deed was done."
~ Bob Schneider, "Changing My Mind"



This song is on heavy rotation in my life. Not for the sentiment of lost love but for the powerful beauty and simplicity of accepting that what is, simply, is.

I've gone through a staggering whirlwind of changes over the past year. Only to find myself right back on the path I was originally on. But stronger and more sure of my life and identity than ever before.

This song embodies that sentiment for me. The overwhelming feeling of passion and love. The soft embrace of knowing myself and knowing exactly who I am, what I want and where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment