Thursday, May 14, 2009

Modern

One of my fave spots in the world (yes, the world, people) not only was a part of First Thursday but hosted this incredible event. It made me ridiculously proud to witness not only a stellar turnout but the people that showed up were interesting, friendly and not boring or po-dunk in any way, shape or form. Total validation that my city does not match the lousy reputation some people have given it.


This was a candid shot at the end of the evening. It not only was a wonderful evening out with the Hubs but totally and completely rekindled my love of all things art.

You can check out more photos here.

8 comments:

  1. What shirt/ top are you wearing? That collar is KILLIN' me! Gorg to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. somehow, i am pretty sure you'd find the "cool" in any damn city in the whole friggin world, sista! and i agree with jessica... need more info on the outfit. so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute candid! I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shot! And the earrings aren't bad either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a horrible pimp. The earrings, dear people, are my FAVES and they are made by the everso talented Ann at BeadifulThings.com Go buy some now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That event looks amazing!! And I love the picture, it totally captures the feeling I have after a perfect evening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I'm learning a new song, actually an old favorite, "Tragedy By Definition" by John Doe. I google the lyrics and get your blog. Liked reading about your John Doe experience. He is truly a gem of a guy. I see you live in Boise, and that you were at The Modern event two weeks ago. I look at your photos, and sure enough, there I am. My ass anyway. The photographer on the roof photographing the event. We were there all day documenting the event for Elizabeth who owns The Modern. Anyway, it was a little weird Sunday afternoon experience finding my ass on the inner-web. Such a small inner-web world we live in.

    Best;

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy, I'm not sure the way the Universe works could get much cooler than that. So cool! (and I love that it was a John Doe search that brought us together) Email me!

    ReplyDelete