Friday, March 13, 2009

Cookie

One of the most challenging aspects of motherhood, for me, is to be "on" all the time. Especially when worlds collide, the Universe explodes and all hell breaks loose. I harbor tremendous guilt when I realize my own selfish baggage impacts my kids.


"Mama, I don't like you better than a cookie. You are way sweeter than a cookie."

And then, the clouds part, the sun shines and I realize that forgiveness is what it's all about.

(Ramona, I could never love any cookie more than you, either.)

5 comments:

  1. oh, be still my heart. and she's right... you are way sweeter than a cookie. cake? maybe closer to a tie. but you definitely have cookies beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats the truly unconditional love of a child, does it? Except, maybe, the unconditional love of a parent. Nope. I think they're just about equal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better than what I got to ready about myself in a book my 8yr old wrote about her "Weird and Wonderful Parents"-just wait for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything better than that? You've giving me something to look forward to, on this day where pregnancy is leaving me feeling icky all over.

    ReplyDelete