Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Insomniac

I used to be a nightowl. Now I am an insomniac. What's the difference, you ask? Nightowls prefer to be up at night and, in my case, usually don't have hell to pay the next day for staying up all night (read: a three and five year old). Insomniacs like me have to get up early, regardless of staying up all hours of the night, and have to get kids ready, houses clean, laundry done, meals made, homework done, groceries purchased, blahblahblah. Get the gist?

So, I am now an insomniac. And one of the worst things about being an insomniac, for me, has been the type of shows I sit up watching all hours of the night. Usually murder shows that I'm sure aid in my total lack of sleep.

Last night, however, I had the distinct pleasure of playing 19 over and over and over and over and over until, finally, I realized it was just too late and I really, really needed to get some sleep.

Lucky for you, I found a three minute video to play over and over and over and over again. I highly recommend it. Sleep be damned.



(And how cool is it that she is performing with Jools Holland? I see no sleep in my near future. None.)

5 comments:

  1. that was gorgeous. brought a little tear to my eye...

    now go get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I can't sleep and all that's on is Law and Order. Can't they show some good, comforting comedies for those that can't sleep? Or we can just have an endless loop of Adele ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny where Bob Dylan's tunes will show up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful song by two great musicians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE her CD. I can never just play it once.

    ReplyDelete