Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hencel the Great

I wish I was a baby bear
Sleeping in the brown winter grass in April
While the sun was going down
And I wish my shoes were empty
And I was still in bed
With you there beside me
With your dreams inside your head
Oh I wish the world would do
What I want it to
And I wish the wind would blow me
Blow me back to you

I wish your mom was ugly
And your dad was ugly too
Cause then they couldn't have had a girl
To be as beautiful as you
And I wish I were a tightrope walker
With legs made outta gold
I would hold you in my golden legs
And never let you go
I wish the world would do
What I want it to
And I wish the wind would blow me
Blow me back to you

I wish I could see Jesus shining in the sky
So he could finally let me know
That everything'll be just fine
I wish I knew that God's love
Was all I'd ever need
I'd cut my candy teeth for fun
And let the good times bleed
Oh I wish the world would do
What I want it to
Yeah I wish the world would do
What I want it to
And I wish the wind would blow me
Blow me back to you

1 comment:

  1. Girl! You have SERIOUSLY got to come to Austin! We can go like Bobby's shoes if we want to at Antone's!

    ReplyDelete