Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sparkle

You can rest assured, Nannette, that those who have hurt you had absolutely no idea of what they were doing and what was really going on. It never occurred to them that you'd become even more magnificent. That they'd be invoking your sympathy, adding to your compassion, and increasing your "sparkles." And it will still be eons before they can grasp that you actually welcomed them into your life and played their little games for some of these very reasons.

Cute.

Love you with all of my heart,
The Universe


Now, people, I realize this is more than likely what every other TUT subscriber received in their inbox this morning but it's uncanny, bullseye resonance made me stop and think twice.

I've been spending an inordinate amount of time on Facebook lately. It's been extremely cathartic for me. Frightening at times but cathartic. Reconnecting with old friends, new friends, lovers, family, first loves and classmates via Facebook forces one to face the issues left by the wayside years and years ago.

At first, all I could focus on were the things that had gone wrong. Beating myself and them up for our transgressions against one another. When I think of the years I've squandered thinking I was done wrong and damaged in irreversible ways it makes my head spin. But, as was pointed out to me by a very, very good friend recently, these people, these situations, were their way of protecting, no, excusing me from a lifetime of lameness. And I thank them for that.

Each and every one of them.


So, today, I feel lighter. Unburdened. Sparkly.

I feel the better for it all. And I thank each and every one of you.

4 comments:

  1. you're so awesome. that's it. that's all i have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook is weird that way. This should be the Facebook mantra.

    ReplyDelete