Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Body

I was an instant fan of Stephen King's short stories after reading "The Body". As with most of his stories, I couldn't fathom how it would be transformed into a film but, more often than not, I wasn't disappointed.

Recently, I stumbled upon this movie after not seeing it for what might likely be eons (God Bless AMC for ohsomany reasons) and was blown away by the performances. Especially by Wil Wheaton in this scene (in particular, from around 4:00 to 5:30).


It's difficult to credit any one person in making this the timeless movie and story that it is but it goes without saying it's a prime example of what happens with the perfect blend of talent.

(And look at how young they are!)

2 comments:

  1. Jay @halftime lessonsJanuary 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM

    I miss River Phoenix..really liked him. After he died I went on a trip to LA for business and went and had a moment outside the viper room...a brief, uncreepy moment, mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jerry O'Connell was much cuter back then.

    ReplyDelete