Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of an Era.

It goes without saying that 2008 was one of the most challenging years of my life. I've been mulling over the past year...remembering all that transpired and all that didn't. When walking downtown recently in the midst of a bone-chilling snowstorm, I happened upon this bright spot in a parking lot. It seemed so fitting for how I felt about my life at the time and how I feel about this impending new year.


We experienced much love in our lives this year but, unfortunately, loss as well. A lesson that seems to be learned more frequently as I get older. I am grateful for the opportunity to be alive. To experience it all....the good and the bad.

Happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Jay @halftime lessonsDecember 31, 2008 at 9:33 PM

    Happy New Year to you too, sweetie.

    Yeah, let's push Karma to take the foot out of our asses this year, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so sorry and so happy. sorry that you have had a rough one, but happy that you have such an amazing attitude and strength (and gorgeous hub and beautiful girlies)... without the bad, the good would be boring (although sometimes i don't really believe that). here's to another year... i am glad i have you in my (blog) life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy 2009! It will be a great year, I can tell already. Thanks so much for giving me tons of inspiration and laughs in 2008!

    ReplyDelete