Monday, November 10, 2008

Baby

"Nothing so bright, nothing so smooth, nothing so pure
As my baby
All of my life days into night, all I did dream 
Was my baby
Until the days darkness entwined with silver eyes
Was my baby staring at me"

~ Rufus Wainright

Three years ago today my life was changed in a way I never expected. From the moment I knew she was coming into my life I was grateful. No one else shared my excitement and elation (except her father, of course). It was a difficult and trying time in our lives but I had this little life raft to cling to.

Three years ago today she came into my world after much nausea and stress and fear. It was an experience as close to faith as I've come thus far in my life. I was afraid. But I knew it would be okay. I knew we would be okay.


Three years ago today she arrived.


My baby.


My little independent soul.



My partner in crime.


My wise, old soul.


You'll never know the myriad of ways you restore my faith in the light.

Happy birthday Ramona Christine. 
I love you more than words can ever say.

1 comment:

  1. Partner in crime. :) That picture does appear to be that way! Those blue eyes....OH MY. She's beautiful. Hope you have a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete