Friday, October 3, 2008

I Have a Dream

I never thought I'd ever actually be this lucky. To have these little creatures show up in my world and reinvent me in ways I'd never been brave enough to dream up on my own.

I love that they love me unconditionally. When I make them come in for dinner instead of playing with their friends in the backyard. When I make them brush their teeth and go to bed when they really want to stay up late. When I make them at least try their dinner instead of just saying "I'm full" (and miraculously having room for dessert).

I love them because they love music. Not just enjoy it and blindly dance to whatever we put on but to specifically ask "Mama, can we hear Dancing Queen again?" for the fortieth time.

I love how their idea of dress up is vogue-ing in mommy's crazy sunglasses.




I love them. Oh, how I love them.

"I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels"

~ ABBA

(Nik, this is my version of Funky Photo Friday!) 

7 comments:

  1. Hey Lady, your girls are KILLING me with those faces.

    FIERCE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those future heart breakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice using an ABBA lyric!
    I know, no one tells you how much you are going to love your kids...they try, but we wouldn't have believed them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i like the top one the best. i think tyra would approve and think it is the most "high fashion" of all the poses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you don't know me, but i'm one of girl howdy's readin' partners and i was surfing and just wanted to tell you that your daughters are precious. it's so refreshing to see people actually write about their children. i hope i can have children as precious as yours and take dress up photos one day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are sooo freakin cute! And making quite the fashion statements- love the glasses :)

    Btw, found you through Suz's blog!

    ReplyDelete