Monday, October 13, 2008

I Got Nuthin

After enduring a hectic pace for the past few weeks coupled with illness and finally a much-appreciated visit from a dear girlfriend (sick and cleaning a house? not fun) I was grateful to be tagged to blog about random "facts" about myself.

I can't guarantee you'll be riveted by this list but at least I'm giving it a whirl.  Thanks for your continued interest while things are just not that interesting around here, people.

1.  I am a reformed smoker.  And there's practically nothing more annoying than that.  I used to smoke "socially" which basically translates to any and every time I was out socializing with a cocktail in my hand.  Which was a lot in my 20's and early 30's.

2.  I am the "baby" of my family.  Which, according to certainpersonsiamrelatedto, means that I had everything handed to me on a silver platter.  But, I can assure you, that was not the case. Because the sibs are six and nine years my senior it was essentially like growing up as an only child. 

3.  I am obsessed with music.  Always have been. I hate to think of a day without it.

4.  I sometimes fear the afterlife.  I worry there may be a smackdown at the pearly gates. Or worse, I won't be on the list.

5.  I have absolutely no idea what I want to be when I grow up.  Which poses somewhat of a problem as I turned 40 this year.

(And, in the spirit of sharing my traits warts and all a la Debbie, here's one I'm not proud of.)

6.  I am ridiculously competitive.  For years I honestly thought it was just people I seemed to meet and become friends with but, over the years (and thanks to the Hubs pointing it out repeatedly), I've come to accept the fact that I'm a competitive cow at times.

In an effort to keep this going and learn more about my peeps, I'm going to tag some wunnerful bloggers.  Of course, your response is not required but much appreciated!


5 comments:

  1. i think you did a good job on this! although, i already had a suspicion about number 3.

    my hub is 9 and 11 years younger than his sibs, so i have a little glimpse into what that can be like. only child, with critics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way more competitive than you!?!

    No, seriously....

    I mean it....

    Really...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really competitive too.
    I'm not sure it's a good thing.

    What kind of music do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I just saw this! I shall do it.

    I'm kind of the baby of the family too. My brother and sister and 20 and 10 years my senior! But much much much later in life my parents adopted two of the foster childern they had in care so maybe my title has been robbed? haha

    You are fabulous!
    And I'm comforted by the fact you still don't know what you want to be when you grow up ;) But seems you have "awesome mom" down, and that would be at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete