Monday, October 6, 2008

Anglophile

It's no secret that I'm a serious Francophile but that doesn't mean that I don't love me some British humor (Monty Python, The Young Ones, As Time Goes By...just to name a few). No words can convey my sheer joy upon learning that this fabulously hilarious show was coming to the USA. It saw me through many a dark day whilst living in the Emerald City for the last time. The birth of my second daughter, while it was a huge blessing, was a very difficult time due to a disastrous decision to move back to the Big City coupled with the catastrophic news that my sister-in-law had been diagnosed with leukemia. Times were tough all around.

This is a shining example of the deliciously twisted humor featured on this riotous show:



The premiere featured this horrifyingly uproarious bit that I simply can not post on the blog as it borders on offensive.  

But I dare you not to laugh.

4 comments:

  1. Geesh! I loved "The Young Ones." I am a British comedy slave too. I love it all.
    Never seen this though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay this looks right up my family's alley (disturbing, i know)... HBO, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay @halftime lessonsOctober 6, 2008 at 12:15 PM

    OMG I love the brits...
    4 more for you:
    Fawlty Towers
    The Black Adder
    Not the Nine Oclock News
    Benny Hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was beautiful. your posts make me feel good, really. it's a rarity sometimes, but i always feel somewhat lighthearted/whimsical.

    ReplyDelete