Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering




It goes without saying that we all remember what we were doing seven years ago today. I had just reconnected with my future husband and we were planning a weekend reunion.  I was getting ready for work when I heard on the radio of some strangeness taking place in NYC.  I went to my living room, turned on the tv and the terror and heartbreak began.  I called my mother first to tell her to turn on the tv.  I called my love just to hear the sound of his voice in some small effort to feel like it was okay.

But it was not okay.  And it never will be.

So, we are remembering today.  I hope the dull ache of this day still resonates with us 53 days from now.  I know it will for me.

2 comments:

  1. wise beyond your years, little lady. thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written. I think we will ALL remember what we were doing that terrible day.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete