Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Miss Manners


We've been having a major identity crisis at our house where food and manners are concerned. We have many factors working against us.....daddy's weird schedule, mommy's weird health kick, and two kids with food tastes that couldn't be more different. The fiveyearold will not try anything new, anything with sauce, anything with green specks on it (otherwise known as fresh herbs), anything spicy, anything that touches anything else on the place.....do you get the idea? And then there's the almostthreeyearold who will try anything, loves spicy food, prefers hummus and chickpeas in any form/vehicle, loves sauce.....but of course one child can't have something different than the other so all meals are "planned" (and I use the term lightly) around these issues. Is it becoming clearer why I am so neurotic?

After seeing this today on my daily stroll through blogland, I've realized that I either need to throw in the towel or call this woman.

3 comments:

  1. You're not going to get any advice from me on the whole food/kid thing because I am simply too stunned from the video to formulate a thought right now. Cat? What cat? It's the lady who is completely out to lunch. Wowzers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy sheep, I cannot stop laughing. CAN. NOT. STOP. LAUGHING.

    Yay, I did my cardio for the day!

    "This is the way we wash our paw, wash our paw..." That's when I peed myself.

    Tessa wants to meet Tiger Woods. Does Tessa know that Tiger is a human, not an animal?

    OMG Nannette, I've got tears rolling down my face...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy - The Glamorous Life!September 10, 2008 at 10:05 AM

    So disturbing!

    Who wouldn't like to have a meal with Oprah?

    ReplyDelete