Monday, August 4, 2008

Forty

I made it. Today I am forty years old. I've been dreading this day for a long, long time but once it finally arrived I was relieved. Nothing exploded or fell apart or, most importantly, fell off. Just lots of warm fuzzies and well wishes. One of these warm fuzzies was being kidnapped by a friend, taken to lunch and then to a matinee of Mamma Mia. Per usual, the sappiest moment of the movie got me but at least they were happy tears.



While I celebrated by listening to the best toe-tapping soundtrack in ages, I could not get over how much Amanda Seyfried looks like my cyber pal Nik.  Seriously. Nik.  The resemblance is uncanny.  And I'm only assuming that she is at least as fetching as you.

Now it's time for cool, sparkly beverages and delectable sushi nibbles.  I'm relieved that forty is here.  I'll keep you posted on fortyplusoneday.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! You're still fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I hope I look as good as you when I'm forty. Oh, wait...damn, I am forty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats babe! Just think, at your next big milestone you can celebrate a la Molly Shannon: "I'm 50 years old! And I like to kick! Stretch! And kick!"

    ReplyDelete