Friday, August 1, 2008

Five

Today is the anniversary of my life being saved. It was a purely selfish act wanting to have this child but there was no way I could have ever imagined how she would have changed my life just by arriving. She has taught me many life lessons so far in five quick years. 

To let go of what we "should" do and to find perfection in the imperfections.


To not be so serious.


To embrace the daily (sometimes hourly) guffaw.


To live in the moment.


To remember where my heart is deeply rooted.
(days before she arrived!)


To remember that we are in this thing together.


To believe that sisterly love is possible.


To know that I belong to something bigger than what I see.


To surrender.


Completely.


I love you, Wilhelmina.  More than you will ever know.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Happy birthday, Mina!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful expression of motherhood... you are totally one of my all time favorite MILKS. :)

    Happy Birthday to the Little Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely words from such a wonderful mother. One day your daughter will see this and understand and know, without a doubt, the depths of your love for her.

    Happy birthday to a lucky little girl, and congrats to her proud mother.

    Thank you for sharing this. It touched me very deeply.

    ReplyDelete