Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Staunch Woman


"But you see in dealing with me, the relatives didn't know that they were dealing with a staunch character and I tell you if there's anything worse than dealing with a staunch woman... S-T-A-U-N-C-H. There's nothing worse, I'm telling you. They don't weaken, no matter what."

~ Edith Bouvier Beale


I'm honestly not sure how or why I managed to take so long to clue into the Grey Gardens phenom but I'm ohsoglad I did. In case you have managed to miss this amazing documentary (and Broadway musical and various movies and subsequent cult following) please, please, please do not waste another moment. Watch it tout de suite!

I know I am not alone in my newfound love of all things Little Edie (now I have another Edie to love although this Eydie will always be the original as far as I'm concerned) and I only wish I had somehow been able to catch her cabaret act.


1 comment:

  1. I only just caught on to this as well. How did I miss it?!#? Check this out:

    http://greygardenscollections.com/

    ReplyDelete