Saturday, April 5, 2008

Vive la France!

I'm starting to realize that I, indeed, am a Francophile. Is it because my name is French? Is it because my first boyfriend in kindergarten (apparently I'm a ho-ish Francophile?) was French?

I was lucky enough to attend two of my high school years in the Netherlands and, because of my wonderful experiences there, I've always had a particular love for all things Dutch. But, recently, I've started to notice there are a lot of things Francais in my life and in my world. I have a ridiculous amount of French pop music on my iPod. I use a startling amount of cosmetics and skin care products all originating from France. When organizing our DVD collection I noticed all of our foreign films are French. When procuring more Madeleine books for my oldest daughter (who, thankfully, loves that precocious Miz M as much as I do) I couldn't resist a few copies in, you guessed it, French. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Mais non! Amusez vous bien!


(thank you Esteban...je t'aime beaucoup!)

2 comments:

  1. I also adore many many French things. Like french fries, french toast, french bread, and french dips.

    Ooh, and French Kissing!

    Ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James is a French Major - you two would get on fabulously.

    So I'm truly curious, which came first, the video or the blog? Or did we just actually simultaneously combust?

    Au Revoir...

    ReplyDelete