Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Truth Hurts

My pal Suzanne is one of my favorite writers/bloggers.  She amuses me to no end and is a shining example of a good human (even in her own exciting moment with the attention she's getting for her blog she takes the time to cheer me on....Suzanne, you are the best).  She recently got her own blog in the OC Register and this article really touched a nerve.  After reading all of the snarky comments from the holier-than-thous (or maybe they are really unhappy with their lives?) it just made me laugh.

Come on people, get a sense of humor.  I find it flabbergasting some of the comments people leave on blogs (even on my own).  I wonder what some of these people would think or feel if someone spoke to them in that way?  Or made snarky comments about their children, family, friends, loved ones in the way they do?  

I know the truth hurts but the one-upsmanship hurts more.  Play nice, people.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the boost. It was hard at the end of the day when the tone turned so dark and mean. But, it was really just a handful of people making all the fuss.
    Thanks for all of your support. I appreciate you!

    ps made mental note to use word snarky more, love that word

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. It's like junior high via computer. [Valley girl voice: "Gag me with a spoon!"]

    And "snarky" gets used a lot over at my house too!!!

    ReplyDelete