Monday, April 14, 2008

Aim for the stars and maybe you'll reach the sky.

Finally, a challenge I enjoy. We had a delicious weekend composed of long walks around the neighborhood, yard work (hey, it is fun when your parents aren't forcing you to do it), open windows letting in the fresh air, drinks on the patio and much frolicking about in the 80 degree temps (can you believe 80 degree temps after this last week?!). While soaking up the rays and watching the girls play in the sprinkler I sat on the patio ruminating over my future post about this. As usual, Suzanne's blog inspires and motivates me in more ways than I can explain, (please stop what you are doing right this very second and read her column at the OC Register. I mean it. Go. NOW.) but this particular post was something I wanted to jump on the bandwagon about.

This morning, as I set out to read my favorite blogs from my favorite people, I was so very happy to find that Nik had beaten me to the punch.  How lucky am I to know of these amazing blogs but, more importantly, these amazing (and amazingly funny) people?  Nik....you rock.  Thank you for the props (and the props for my kickass niece!) and you know they go right back atcha.

So, here are my contributions to the photo challenge of the week.  
Thank you EmilyPie and thank you superawesomefantasticamazinglysmartamazinglyfunnyandamazinglywonderfulblogfriends.  You make my day. Every day.

The pergola over our patio that I spent many an hour under this past weekend.


Our magnificent magnolia tree just about to burst in sweet, heady blooms.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to be able to get back on your site today! Thanks for your kind words and you friendship. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous of your 80 degree temps AND your magnolia tree!

    ReplyDelete