Sunday, February 3, 2008

Song and Dance

Ahhhhh...... Superbowl Sunday. I have never understood football and, therefore, have no interest in it whatsoever. I love watching the commercials during the Superbowl but, honestly, can wait. So, instead....to be completely boring I am doing laundry and enjoying (quite immensely, I'd like to add) TCM's "31 Days of Oscar". Today I've struck it rich as it's one musical after another....starting with "The Bandwagon" which, thanks to my friend Pablo who introduced me to this movie, is one of my all time favorites. I recommend running to Netflix and watching it promptly. Yes. It's that good.

This film has amazing, amazing dance numbers in it. It's one of Fred Astaire's greats, if you ask me. But, even with the sultry, breathtaking dance moves by the one and only Cyd Charisse, there is one number in particular that really, really does it for me. 

You know me.... I have to share a clip. Hope you enjoy!

(I highly advise sticking it out until the very end as my girl Nanette Fabray does one of the funniest schticks I've ever, ever witnessed. Seriously. You'll hit "replay" at least once.)

No comments:

Post a Comment