Tuesday, February 26, 2008

10 Random Things

As per my blogosphere friends Nik and Ann, I have come up with Ten Random Things about me for your viewing pleasure. (I’m going with Nik’s version which is at the end of your list, tag 5 people to fill this out….to keep the fun going, please let me know when you do this!)

Ten Random Things:

1. I like krab-with-a-K. My paternal grandmother used to make Krab salad and my sister would shrivel her nose in disgust and I would devour it. When no one was looking.

2. I am the last child of three. I am the “baby” of the family. But I’ve always felt like an only child as my sister is six years older and my brother is nearly ten years older.

3. I hate pedicures. Now don’t misunderstand…I love to have painted toes but I HATE having my feet touched. By anyone.

4. I am not a huge proponent of winter. I am a major fan of spring and summer.

5. I feel lonely. A lot of the time. I do not have any close friends (lots of friends but not the kind I call immediately when I have news) so my theory is that this contributes to my feeling of isolation.

6. I wish I felt smarter. I didn’t focus on my academics like I should have. I think I’m smart and very intuitive but wish I was a tad more “book smart”.

7. I have a serious shoe issue. Not because I want to wear them all but because I want to HAVE them all. I have nearly 20+ pairs of shoes that I never wear but I love them because they are works of art. I know. It’s a sickness.

8. I am annoyingly impatient. I have improved on this since having my children but my knee-jerk reaction of jumping the gun still does me in.

9. I like Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus. She’s, quite simply, adorable. (not to mention, talented) And I find her refreshing.

10. While I wouldn’t switch places with anyone ever for no amount of money or fame…..I every so often miss my footloose and fancy free days of going out and whooping it up. But those instances are becoming fewer and further between.

The lovely friends (some with blogs and some not) who have been tagged:

Suzanne

Jessica

Megan

Lori

Steve

5 comments:

  1. I liked your list--feel like I know you better (and like you) better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dismiss #6.

    I know this will sound insincere to those who do not know me, but I think it's a Leo thing dear.

    I had the same issue thinking I was not smart enough, but I think it really boils down to Leo pride in that I don't know EVERYTHING - literally. You know what I mean NoNo...

    You are one of the smartest people I know and you are a wit. Being a wit comes from book smarts in my humble opinion.

    I also love Krab Salad and think we should videotape ourselves smacking some down and then posting it on Youtube and inviting your sister to watch....

    Okies then....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - and I've been shoe shopping with you and Erinn - NEVER AGAIN.....

    I will repeat - NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DITTO to #3, 4, 7, & 9!

    Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I so know what you mean about the lonely thing! Eventhough we seem like such social people on the outside, it is amazing how easy it is to let life slip away without taking the risk of investing time and emotional energy into cultivating new friendships. As our lives get more and more complicated with kids and bills and family crap it is so easy to let the girlie-friends drift away for all the wrong reasons. Why is it so much harder when after we have passed our 29 and holding mark? Dunno either. To console ourselves, I would like to propose that we each go buy another new pair of shoes!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete