Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy, happy, thank you.

We spent Thanksgiving at home this year and, at the risk of coming across the wrong way, it was SO wonderful. Last year was a very emotional time after losing Jenny and trying to have a "normal" holiday. The irony during that time was that our family really did come together even though we felt such an enormous loss (thank you Jenny...I'll always believe in my heart and soul you were instrumental in that).

Then we spent a very exhausting and frustrating time with our Spokane family. After that experience, B-ford and I decided....NO MORE. No more killing ourselves to make these things happen.....if anything, just for a year so that we could have our very own holiday for our very own family. So, once we found out that he would have to work the days after the Thanksgiving holiday, the deal was sealed. We weren't going anywhere!

Thankfully, some very good friends of ours were spending it on their own as well so we pooled our efforts and pulled off a great Thanksgiving meal as well as a get together that felt warm and comforting (hold the dysfunction!). It made us all realize that we have so very much to be thankful about...not just for our many material things but our friends that feel like family.

I hope your holiday was a warm and comforting one as well.... and, just in case it wasn't, here's a superb video that will make you laugh and realize that sometimes it really IS just that simple.

1 comment:

  1. If that video wasn't the cutest thing ever, I don't know what is. I may have to share on my blog too. It's a nice way to end my day. :-)

    Glad T-giving was good! We did our own thing too, and have for many years now since L & A spend their Novembers in FL. I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete