Thursday, August 23, 2007

Definition

POSEUR
Function: noun
Etymology: French, literally, poser, from poser
: a person who pretends to be what he or she is not : an affected or insincere person


My life is going through it's own little definition, of late. I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I have a lot of squatters in my life. People who say they are friends or that they care but, in fact, only care when it serves THEM.

This used to make me very resentful. Now it just makes me sad, to a certain degree. It's really not their fault that they take advantage. I mean, I LET them. What bothers me the most is that they seem to be the majority in the world. That is truly sad.

I've been cleaning out closets, sorting drawers, donating items and throwing away trash. I'm realizing my personal life needs the same overhaul.

Good riddance to all the clutter (people and things) in my life. Here's to a fresh start without all the riff raff.

1 comment: